Office Safety Training
Office safety training classes can prevent hundreds of accidents each year. All employees should be required to attend mandatory safety training. You can do this with one big meeting once a year or several shorter meetings throughout the year. It all depends on your time situation. No matter when or where you decide to have these meetings there are several topics you should discuss. The office is full of safety hazards and accidents just waiting to happen. By having office safety meetings almost all of these can be prevented. Remember office safety is everyone's job.
Office Safety Training Topics
There are hundreds of safety topics that can by useful in the office. The best thing you can do is evaluate what work is being done and decide which topics are best covered during the training time you have. It would be a huge waste of time to cover correct use of chemical equipment if your office doesn't actually use chemicals. So be sure you know the needs of your office and give your employees useful and helpful knowledge that will keep them thinking safety. Here are a few basic topics to get you started.
- Fire Safety
- Electric safety
- Trips,Slips and Falls
- Chemical safety
- Hazardous Materials
- Proper Use of Equipment
- Dealing with Stress in the Office
- First Aid
This list barely covers all the office safety training topics you can cover. It is just to be used as a starting point. Each office is different and has there own unique safety needs.
Office Safety Training Tips
During youroffice safety training classes you are sure to cover a lot of ground. Here are a few tips and pieces of information that maybe useful for preventing injury in the office.
- Make sure all employees know where fire exits and fire extinguishers are located.
- Everyone should know the correct way to use the fire extinguisher
- All walkways should be free of wires or cords that may cause tripping.
- Check all power cords and extension cords before use. If they are damaged replace them.
- Promote correct posture to prevent back injuries
- Lifting correctly by bending at the knees
- You can have all employees enroll in a CPR class
- How to properly wear safety gear
No matter what office safety training topics you cover or how you present them to your company. It is important that all employees understand the seriousness of injuries in the office and how to prevent them. As they always say "A safe office is a Happy office."